[Harp-L] cupping mic

A tight seal all the way around produces the deepest, richest tone. I dare say the vast majority of veteran amplified players break this seal at the cheek, and open and close the break (gap) for variation when playing - without even thinking about it. Just the same as pucker and tongue block - I use both and never think about what I'm doing - just more sub-conscious variation that comes naturally after years and years of playing...