From: Robert Bonfiglio <bon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Acoustic harmonica
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 6:15 PM

One reviewer mentioned at my acoustic Murcia Symphony concert:

"Then he is left to the this monster setting of an impossible instrument for a room as gigantic as the of Murcia Symphony Hall one.  An instrument that you put it you in the pocket.  Or in a buttonhole. "  The review does not go on to mention that I couldn't be heard, because I carried the Orchestra.

This review statement is because our instrument has always been one defined as amplified; being played acoustically means amplified acoustic that could fill Madison Square Garden.  But this is not the only possibility; the harmonica can be played with power and volume to the point of covering let's say a classic guitar - the kind of guitar played many times with no amp with orchestra.

In order to have our instrument accepted as a musical instrument, it needs to be played on its own with out any help in certain situations.  This may mean really cranking on the instrument, but this instrument is no toy - it can stand to be cranked!!

harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com