Re: [Harp-L] Recording Software Opinions

 Jim Greenwald wrote:
<With SONAR, Reaper, and Ableton Live (applications
<I use), and other apps there's usually a option/preference for entering the
<path to the Editor of choice. That's because they leave that work to
<Audition or SoundForge, etc.

Jim, the tools you describe in Audition are indeed drool-worthy.  I will merely note that for people who aren't doing heavy audio restoration or mastering work, the tools provided in Sonar et al will almost always be plenty good enough.

I own Cool Edit and I love it.  But I haven't had to use it to edit anything recorded in Sonar for at least 5 years, except to do quick fadeouts and the like on files I've already mastered.

Regards, Richard Hunter
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter