From: EGS1217@xxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:45:47 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: Custom Harps ...Satisfied Customer

Speaking of brilliance:

I'm now the proud owner of four (count 'em) 4 custom top-of-his-line harps
by Chris Michalek :) Â :) Â:) Â:)

It took a wee bit of time: Chris has been busy making harps (and tool kits)
Âfor pros (and I'm anything but). ÂHowever, I wasn't in a hurry and Âtold
him so. They were SO worth the wait. He worked on them over a couple of
months. They're mostly MB's, one GM...each comb stained a different colour just
for me (maybe at SPAH someone will take photos? ...or I'll figure out how
to use my new digital camera and get them up to view one of these Âdays).

I'll probably continue down this path if I can figure out how to get away
with these kinds of purchases other than it being a Xmas gift (and you guys
think it's difficult hiding harmonica or gear related purchases from Âyour
wives?!!).....even though I'm still in the market for different keyed
Cx-12's (I plan to still play both)...these harps are light years beyond the
basic SP-20's and LO's I've bought just to try to play diatonics at
conventions. ÂThose sit mostly unused. I guarantee Chris' won't.

As soon as I can get some medical issues behind me Chris will be my teacher
Â(I hope), if we can figure out how to arrange it long distance, since his
sound and style of playing has always spoken to me and I know he'll be dead
Âon honest in his critiques. ÂI was thrilled when he decided to devote time
Âto making custom harps. No disappointment, they're really extra
special...customized just for me (thanks Chris for the 'extra added infusion') Âand I
hope I can do them ..and him proud, one of these days.

Ask me to see them at SPAH.

Elizabeth
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas. ÂFind free things to do in
the U.S.