Re: [Harp-L] Subject: re: Melody Gardot - Contemporary voice of today/Christelle harmonica

Agreed, completely. I came across Ms. Gardot in the same way and was just knocked out. I've got a thing for women jazz singers, but she is something else. For an even better treat, I plugged her name into pandora and now have a steady stream of amazing voices, many of which are also in their 20s-30s. Another favorite of mine is Esperanza Spalding, who sings and plays upright bass, and is maybe 25.

I'd say the future of *good* music is looking (and sounding) very good.

Seth

EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:
Anyone who wants to hear what is the future (and present) of beautiful and contemporary music need look no further than Melody Gardot.
If THIS is the future of music, we have absolutely nothing to worry about so people should just stop whining about the music of today, go out and buy the CD's and attend the shows of those artists they like and thus ensure true talent will continue to flourish and grow and reach the ears they should.
Elizabeth

-- The beatings will continue until morale has improved.