  From: EGS1217@xxxxxxx
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:45 PM
  Subject: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: Custom Harps ...Satisfied Customer

  Speaking of brilliance:

  I'm now the proud owner of four (count 'em) 4 custom top-of-his-line harps
  by Chris Michalek :)   :)  :)  :)

  It took a wee bit of time: Chris has been busy making harps (and tool kits)
   for pros (and I'm anything but).  However, I wasn't in a hurry and  told
  him so. They were SO worth the wait. He worked on them over a couple of
  months. They're mostly MB's, one GM...each comb stained a different colour just
  for me (maybe at SPAH someone will take photos? ...or I'll figure out how
  to use my new digital camera and get them up to view one of these  days).

  I'll probably continue down this path if I can figure out how to get away
  with these kinds of purchases other than it being a Xmas gift (and you guys
  think it's difficult hiding harmonica or gear related purchases from  your
  wives?!!).....even though I'm still in the market for different keyed
  Cx-12's (I plan to still play both)...these harps are light years beyond the
  basic SP-20's and LO's I've bought just to try to play diatonics at
  conventions.  Those sit mostly unused. I guarantee Chris' won't.

  As soon as I can get some medical issues behind me Chris will be my teacher
   (I hope), if we can figure out how to arrange it long distance, since his
  sound and style of playing has always spoken to me and I know he'll be dead
   on honest in his critiques.  I was thrilled when he decided to devote time
   to making custom harps. No disappointment, they're really extra
  special...customized just for me (thanks Chris for the 'extra added infusion')  and I
  hope I can do them ..and him proud, one of these days.

  Ask me to see them at SPAH.

  Elizabeth
  **************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
  the U.S.