Re: [Harp-L] Recording Software Opinions

"Glenn Labbie" wrote:

<Richard:<
<
<   Thanks for the very helpful opinions on the DAW's.  You did not mention
<Adobe Audition 3.0.  I wonder if you or anyone else has experience using it.
<
<I owned and used Cool Edit for several years and liked it and it did what I
<needed it to do. I used it to master my keyboard numbers on my site:
<
<http://www.gloryharp.com/html/music.html
<
<I got a free upgrade to Audition 1.0 several years ago when Cool Edit was
<bought out by Adobe and I have never used it.  I can now upgrade my free
<Audition 1.0 to 3.0 for $99.00 and was wondering if that was the best way to
<spend the bucks or invest that money in something else.<

I still have Cool Edit Pro running on my PC.  Great piece of software.

If you don't need to do much with MIDI and you can get Audition for $99, that's a very good deal.  It's a very good audio recording workstation.  If you need to do lots of MIDI, not so good.

Pro Tools was mentioned by Miguel Weissman, and Pro Tools' latest version has good MIDI stuff in it.  But to run Pro Tools you'll need to buy an audio interface (unless you already own one of the ones that's designed to work with Pro Tools), so it's not necessarily an inexpensive option.

Regards, Richard Hunter
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter