Re: [Harp-L] Recording Software Opinions

In my view for intuitive use you cannot beat garageband, but you need a mac to run it. I know people who have never used audio software before who get it to work in less than an hour. Garageband is miles better than audacity. Its only serious limit is that you are restricted to recording on one channel at a time (I think).
Apple have also bought the Logic system and offer Logic Studio and Logic Express at reasonable prices. These are likely to be even better in terms of features and the reviews suggest that they are also very intuitive to use. There are reasons why many music and film pros use macs.

One can now do audio mixing and editing tasks in 2 minutes that took hours if not days 25 years ago.

On 13 May 2009, at 21:44, oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I use Digital performer and Finale to do sequencing. Here is a good example of both working together. The harpsichord is a digital file ranther than midi from Finale. The harmonica was recorded with Digital performer using a CBH 2016

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU8l91psJUw&feature=channel_page
--- On Wed, 5/13/09, Gary Calahan <glcalahan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Gary Calahan <glcalahan@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] Recording Software Opinions To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 3:34 PM

Hello,

Just out of curiosity, what there a consensus of most commonly used, user
friendly recording software? I have Magix (Samplitude) Music Maker 14 that
I don't find to be very easy to use. What are most of you using? Band in a
Box?? Mixcraft?? I understand Music Maker 15 that just came out is
powerful, more user friendly with the plug ins etc.

Gary C

--
"You can't change the direction of the wind, but you can always trim your
sails!"