To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2009 3:02 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Kalamazoo

In retrospect, I would have to say I have used more Kalamazoo's than DM10's
for consistency, so would give the edge to the 12 watt max Kalamazoo.
Always contact Greg Heumann to see if he has any Kalamazoo's first. My
engineer and I have worked with Greg and he with us so we designed a unique line
out system, like my Cruncher only designed specifically for the Kal which
gives it the edge as it pure vintage sound over and new amp that is trying to
come close to this sound. For me, and I have a live from Chicago Blues 2001
CD where I used my Kal with what I feel is a great mic matchup, the 533
Spere o dyne, Cotton's mic in the 70's, the Kalamazoo is the true Chicago
tone. The DM10 is a very good amp, but due to its construction and speaker
setup, is limited in its range of tone and you need to really change a lot of
things with it to make it optimal. The Kal is plug in and play.
I have a good supply of Chuck Gurney 1950's controlled reluctance elements,
along with my smaller Turner shells with indented volume pots, click on
each number, for one week I will run a special for $250 plus shipping and
paypal costs if you choose that route. These cost me nearly my selling price
of $295 to build. I have either CR or CM. See Products on my website to get
an idea of the great cupping size these Turner mics have. Colors I have are
5 metallic teal, (light green gloss), one burgundy, and two bright red
gloss, with two nice gray shells on the way. The slight fin only acts as a
nice grip holder. I may have one or two with no fin. Be my guest and see what
you get on ebay as far as elements, no one is going to tell me they got
perfect elements every time they shelled over over $190 per element which all
the harp players have driven the price to. I have gotten more 8 - 9/10's
that have had to go to Chuck, but you would need to contact him to see if he
will be taking on work at any given moment. His price is what it is. If he
is working on them, there is no one that has come forth to say they can do
as good as job as Chuck. He gets what he gets for what could be hours of
painstaking work, your other choice is to bend over take the $190 loss or be
a snake and try and pawn it off on ebay.
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823232x1201398636/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
May5909footerNO62)