[Harp-L] Jason Ricci's Done with the Devil

Just picked it up.  Some good tunes, Afro Blue being my immediate
favorite, like the lyrics on Broken Toy.  Jason continues to have
great tone and smooth transitions between all of his techniques,
notably the overblows.  Lots of the tunes have little surprise jams
that last only a short second, maybe four bars, but take the song
elsewhere for a bit.

To me it is sometimes a bit compressed in the mastering.  I also sense
in Jason's work a nod to fusion jazz which is one of my least favorite
styles of music, but that is just me.
Anyway, it is clear why everyone is discussing Jason.  He really is
playing his music.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com