[Harp-L] Loud Bands

Last night we gigged at a small old blues joint out on East Colfax
in Aurora.  The stage was tiny, looked like a small drum riser.  But we
managed to get all our stuff in there, including our PA and monitors.

Volume was certainly going to be an issue.  We turned way down and played
our first song, and still got asked to turn down some more, which we did
with no complaint.  The result was one of our best sounding performances.
Stage volume was low, dynamics were up.  Our singer sounded ridiculous good.

I used the 10-watt 5F2H amp with no PA support.  The small single-ended
Class A amp sounded sensational.  I use a wireless adapter on my mic so I
was able to walk around the room to check the sound, and the little
5F2H sounded good at all angles.

Playing loud is sometimes fun, but playing way lower than your are
accustomed to is also fun.

My small harp amp had several advantages:

-It is light; an easy one-hand load in.
-It has a small footprint, taking up a minimum of stage real estate.
-It sounds fantastic at lower volumes.
-It has an excellent line out when you need PA support for higher volumes
-It costs a fraction of those big, heavy, overpriced ego-booster amps.