Re: [Harp-L] The Way Up - Pat Metheny Group inc Grégoire Maret

Interesting opinion. He is not my favourite jazz guitarist of any school. However, he has I think 10 grammys so his generally highly thought of. Another thing about him is that he does not stick to one style. His most common style is cerebral soft jazz-fusion that doesn't move me particularly. The new CD transcends that a long way, and harmonica plays a big part in the sound. He has also played, for instance, with Ornette Coleman.
Richard