[Harp-L] Arrogant sound man

'Good on you' Mark,
Hey, you remind me of the dozens of times I've been mucked about by untalented know it all sound guys. They often really don't get it or don't want to get it? It's great when you find a professional who shows you some respect and places you harmonica playing  right in the mix. We usually do it all ourselves of cause.
As you recall, the Sound guy that upsets me, is when the crowd want it louder but theres not a thing you can do about it. Also how about 'the grandious fool' we had recently working  with my acoustic duo. We were support for a dubiously younger 'rising star' country style outfit. The venue is really great, the accomodation etc good, we are always treated very well by management but the sound guy thinks everthing should be turned up to full capacity volume in this smaller room. Known for 'clearing the room' in the past ,apparently, this  'manic tosser' keeps us waiting literally hours, whilst the headliner  'primadonnas'.. get it.. just right in their monitors etc. We however only need a couple of small amps miked,vocal mics and away we go.
 Finally, we get up into our spot. We are kicking away into song 3 with 'I wish you would', the room is filling and  the harmonica music is causing plenty of attention...then suddenly the whole system crashes? We thus observe the guy 'melt down' and totally become gob smacked. He's managed to blow his system.
Like the old trouper  am,I ended out playing and singing 'Smokestack Lightnin' through a Kalamazoo Model 2 and bullet microphone to great acclaim and we then we're finished. We get paid and sit back to  relax before leaving for an early night reading Mojo magazine. Sure it's disappointing ...after travelling 4 hours to fill the spot ...but what else is new with this kind of idiot 'rock entity' at the controls.