[Harp-L] RE: recommended harps

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question.

The restaurant analogy works, but if you were new in town you might ask the
locals where the best places to eat are.  Yes - different strokes for
different folks applies, but hopefully some good advice would help you
narrow the choices by getting some good recommendations.  If you asked ten
people and they all recommended the same place (amongst others), chances are
it would be a good place to at least try.  Additionally, you might get some
advice to stay away from some places.  When you look at the available
options out there when it comes to buying harps, it is a virtual smorgasbord
(notice the restaurant reference). Harp-l is a community and I have come to
respect the opinions and expertise of the people who post here.  Most of you
certainly know more about harps than I do.  Where else would I look?  It
would seem to me that the feedback I would receive from this group would be
the most valuable advice I could get.  It is called OPE - Other People's
Experience.

One other question.  What are the advantages/disadvantages of valved vs. not
valved?

Thanks again for the input.

Tom Halchak
Clearwater, FL