[Harp-L] New Richard Hunter piece

Hi all,

I've put out a few messages lately noting that I'm working on a series of pieces designed to highlight the tones you can get from an amp modeler device like the Digitechs I use--or in some cases, two amp modelers in parallel.  I'm writing today to advise that I put a new piece called "The Seeker" up on http://taxi.com/rhunter -- just go to the page and scroll down the list until you see that title.

"The Seeker" is 2 minutes and 15 seconds of harp plus rhythm section.  The overall vib is calm electronic grooving, as opposed to big screaming Chicago sounds.  I created the harp parts by playing simultaneously into my RP200 and RP250, with different tones on each.  The tone combinations generally involve different amp models and effects on each device, for example a blackface amp model with vibrato on the RP200 coupled with a sound on the RP250 that includes a low octave doubler plus a delay.

I'm especially fond of the octave doubler on the RP series devices--it bigs up the tone of the harp in amazing ways.  When you add an effect like vibrato, or envelope filtering (auto-wah), or flanging to that in parallel, things just get bigger and bigger.  The tones you hear on the recording are essentially unmodified from what came out of the RPs, and they fill up a lot of space.

Most of the harp stuff you hear on this recording can be (and was) done by a single player in real time.  The gear involved works on stage and in studio, and it comes in at a total price of around $420 ($100 for the Fireball mic, $300 for both RP pedals, and $20 for the hardware that splits the signal from the mic into both RPs at once)--plus $25 per device if you choose to buy licenses to the patchsets I created to make these sounds.  That's pretty short money for something that makes such a wide range of sounds.

Regards, Richard Hunter
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter