Re: [Harp-L] Super Loud Bands

some of the 'loudest' rock bands we've played with actually
have moderate on stage volumes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Billy James <billyjames@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Very true. Having found myself in the interesting right place/right time for live music for many years, I had "season back stage passes" to a lot of big venues and have gotten spoiled to where I rarely go to a show if I have to sit out front w/the citizens.

What is noticeable from this vantage point is that so many of the loud arena type rock and fusion bands have a very listen-able stage volume and mix. It is the front of the house sound equipment and engineers that push the db's at the audience. I believe I mentioned about one band that had a wall of Marshall amps that were shells, with a small mic'ed guitar amp behind the stack that the guitarist really used.