Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica Heater (heated socks)

yeah...the only problem I have with the electric heating pad idea, is that
most often when my chroms are ice-cold and 'popping'  I'm nowhere near a
socket (to plug in)...or when in the car...or a Lobby jam...and the idea of
having to move a hotel's heavy sofa or loveseat to go searching for a socket
 would be counter-intuitive to improv-ing, or moving around from place to
place  the way we usually do.  Cords also trip people. Danny's use is more
for an  on-stage or room situation ...or playing when one is sitting down or
standing in  one place. The heating pads do work well....just aren't optimum
for me.

If you have something battery powered which also protects the chromatic,
you're already ahead of the game. I prefer the portability of the hand
warmers,  and suppose the pouches I designed are somewhat akin to the 'sock'
concept,  except with the ability to wear them over the shoulder or across the
body.  I'm now working on little sleeves to keep the hot packs separated from
direct contact with the chromatic.  Who  knows? If I get ambitious  enough,
I might just start making my chromatic pouches for friends ;)

Elizabeth

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 11:47:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ken  Hildebrand <airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, David Payne  <dmatthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Do they still make heated  socks that use a 9-volt battery ?

I did a quick Google Search, but  couldn't find any that use a 9-volt
battery.

Why 9-volt ?

If you  have effect pedals and use a 1-Spot multi-plug, there is a 9-volt
adapter plug  available (also comes in the combo-pack) that you could use
instead of the  9-volt battery.

OR just take a regular sock, put your chromatic  harmonica in it, tie it on
your belt, and tuck it down the inside of your pants,  and use your body
heat to keep it warm.

Works great, but you might get  alot of strange looks, especially when you
wear shorts!

Ken H in  OH

**************Remember Mom this Mother's Day! Find a florist near you now.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000006)