Re: [Harp-L] Re: loud bands

I second that emotion - if I'm working a unit and want to make a controlled
 musical impression on the crowd, I'll talk to the musicians and tell them
that  the drummer sets the stage volume. Then I'll reel in the drummer and
keep an eye  on him until he gets it - once everyone is on the same page, its
amazing how  good the band can sound. I agree with another poster who
lamented about the day  they started mic'ing all the drums - I'll generally use a
kick drum mic to  reinforce the pulse, and, only if needed, one or two
overhead mics for the  kit.

In a message dated 5/7/2009 9:49:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,