[Harp-L] Re: loud bands

On May 7, 8:47 am, SONNYT...@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I agree with Stephen S. that the bass player sets the tone for the volume.

My experience is that stage volume is directly controled by the
loudest acoustic instrument on stage.  This is typically the drummer
for me.  I haven't played with an acoustic/standup bass or horn
section, but the drummers that I've played with have had a direct
impact on the volume of everything else.  Even with getting pre-set
volumes at rehearsals, if the drummer gets carried away at the gig,
everyone starts rotating knobs...

Ever notice the plexiglass walls/cages they put drummers in sometimes?