[Harp-L] re: Early Fleetwood Mac

A few of the early Fleetwood Mac songs also featured harmonica by Duster Bennett, a good player for his time, and a step above Peter G -- who´s main influence I´d have to say must have been SBW II ...
  From the British blues craze of the ´60s Fleetwood Mac are still quite listenable. You might be interested in some of their later released live recordings: heading towards psychedelia but still firmly rooted in the blues.

Cheers,
Martin

Recently I discovered that Fleetwood Mac started as a blues band,. And a
really good one too.

I don't know who played harmonica, but unlike almost all '60s British
outfits, the harmonica sounds great. Simple, sparse, influenced by
Howling Wolf I would guess. I think that Peter Green is on harmonica, as
well as impeccable blues guitar.

Dig this stuff up, its worth a listen. Interesting to hear how hard they
try to sound like Elmore James. The rhythm section is OK as well...

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays