[Harp-L] re Super Loud Bands

I'd like to add reason #4. Musicians who wear earplugs and fail to make
allowances for them.
I recently worked with a wonderful pianist who would wear earplugs, play ay
excruciating volume levels, and then complain that he couldn't hear the bass
or guitar and that we needed to turn up! I have also had this problem with a
couple of drummers who wore earplugs and then insisted on cranking the drums
trhough the stage monitors.

John Balding wrote << Over the years, I have narrowed this down to 3
reasons:
(1) Alcohol/drugs affecting the band's sense of hearing
(2) The lead guitarist, vocalist, etc. is hearing-impaired from years of
loud music and "sets the volume" for him/herself
(3) Inability or inexperience of a band to capture the audience's full
attention with genuine musical talent is substituted with sheer volume.>>

--
Steve York
www.steveyork.com