RE: [Harp-L] 1st-3rd holes

> Dear All,
>
> I've just bought my very first harp, a Special 20, three days ago.
> The first 3 holes are hard to blow/draw. Is that normal? I have no problem
> with any other hole.
> I think the main problem if my mouth is on the left side of the harp there
> can be hole beetween the upper cover plate and my lips, so it's become
> windy. Or is that possible that my harp is crashed?
> Any smart tips?
>
> Many Thanks,
> fishmong3r the very noob

You've just got be be gentle with the lower holes and really tease out the sound.   Think exhale, inhale instead of blow, suck.  Relax the lower jaw and avoid trying to force air into or out of the holes.  It seems counter-intuitive at first but you'll get it second nature in no time as long as you relax the jaw and go easy.  Think breathing from the diaphragm.  It is an issue for everybody at first.  A lot of us, anyway!

Steve Shaw

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/