[Harp-L] Buckeye Harmonica Festival & Charlie McCoy's induction ceremony

    I just wanted to remind all my fellow harpers that the Buckeye Harmonica
Festival will take place from June 11th through the 13th in Columbus, Ohio.

I realize that many of you will not be able to attend, but those of you
within driving distance should really make an effort to come. Jack Ely, who
has been the driving force behind the success of this festival for so many
years, is in poor health and this may indeed be the last time this event is
held. I consider it to be somewhat of a duty to go, just to give a nod to
Jack and the Buckeye Harmonica Club for their continued support of our
instrument for so many years.

I will be performing with  the Carolbeth True jazz trio on Saturday the
13th.

I am also giving an instruction/seminar on the 12th in the afternoon. This
will be in conjunction with Seydel harmonicas. Rupert Oysler will be there
with all of the Seydel products, including the new chromatic (right Rupert?)

For more info on this festival check out this link and scroll down to the
Buckeye Festival section:

http://www.bassharp.com/bh_itin.htm

On another subject, I have been asked to perform at Charlie McCoy¹s
induction ceremony into the Country Music Hall Of Fame on May 17th. I
consider this to be quite an honor, since I think that Charlie is one of the
most influential players of my generation as well as others. I will be
playing with members of Area Code 615 and Barefoot Jerry for this event.

Thanks for your time and attention and I hope to see some of you in Ohio
next month,

--
PT Gazell
pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx