Re: [Harp-L] Amp>DI box>PA

The other thing that I have that works is a Shure A95U High Z to Low Z transformer. It has an Amphenol screwon connector with a 1/4 inch male adapter on the High side and an XLR female on the Low side. I can plug it into the line out on an amp and plug a Low Z cable into it to the PA on the other side. I've had it so long, I have no idea where I got it.
Another cool setup, if the sound guy has it, is a DI box with a pass through like what a keyboard player might use. You plug your cable from your line out into it and it has an XLR low z to the PA but also has a 1/4 inch High Z that you can bring back to another amp.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Heumann" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2009 1:13 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Amp>DI box>PA

The line-out on your amp is an unbalanced, high impedance signal. The purpose of the DI box is to change it to balanced, low impedance so that there is much less signal loss on the long run to the board. And you are smart to use the amp itself for on-stage monitoring. Asking the sound guy to add you into the monitors at the front of the stage is a recipe for a feedback nightmare.

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net