Re: Madcat's mic WAS: [Harp-L] Background (Rhythm) harmonica

the madcat mic and the harmonica honker finger ring are both great small hand/finger mics. I use the madcat almost exclusively and have for 5 years. My pro harp guru/teacher (David Lipkind) uses the honker. I find the madcat mic comfortable andÂgood for combining acoustic hand effects with tight cupped mic power. The honker in the hands of a pro like Lipkind is simply amazing - but then again it might have a little something to do with the player :-)

You have to practice to get acustomed to either. No affiliation - just a happy customer.

Ross

www.myspace.com/sassparillajugband