From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of MilwHarmonica@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 1:41 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Vermona 48 Chord reed replacement

Hello, A.C.

The Vermona harmonica company was an East-German government-run and owned
company, formerly called the VEB("state-run company") Vereinigte
Mundharmonikawerke, located in the former C.A.Seydel Sohne factory, in
Klingenthal,
Germany (East Germany).

In 1953, the name Vermona was applied to the VEB Vereinigte
Mundharmonikawerke company, and that's when the Vermona harmonicas began.
Vermona lasted
until 1964, when the company was acquired by the VEB  Klingenthaler
Harmonikawerke company, predecessor of the VEB Vereinigte.

To get a replacement reed for your antique Vermona harmonica, you'd need to
 measure the reed plate slot size for the reed, reed size, and try to get a
reed  of the same pitch. You'll need to know exactly which reed is broken,
lost or out  of tune.

If you can't get a reed of the same pitch, you'll need to modify a  reed's
pitch to meet your requirements. Any reed will do, as long as it is the
same size as the lost reed.

Since Vermona is no longer in business, you'd need to find an identical
Vermona harp; or another Vermona harp with the same reed size and pitch; or

another compatible brand, such as Seydel. Ask the Seydel company if they
would  send you a reed of the same pitch and size. It may or may not work.
Seydel was part of the Vermona family of merged companies for a  while.

You might also try Hohner, and see what they can do.

Another search would be the European company, Harponline.de. They do sell
individual reeds, but I don't know if they sell the type that you need. Talk

to  them.

Good Luck.

John Broecker

**************Join ChristianMingle.comR FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
your area. Start now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221673648x1201419171/aol?redir=htt
p://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html%3Fcat%3Dadbuy%26
src%3Dplatforma%26adid%3Dfooter:050109%26newurl%3Dreg_path.html)