Re: [Harp-L] Background (Rhythm) harmonica

Recently I spent a 6 month period practicing Madcat's techniques an
hour a day.  I find his hi hat rhythm and the basic chug (I cannot
find the little booklet right now, it might be named something else.)
to be useful in a multitude of situations and people seem to like them
a lot.  It also started me on whooping like Sonny Terry between notes,
sometimes to great effect, sometimes not.  I  have had at least one
private jam where I enjoyed myself greatly.

What I did find is that there are some small inconsistencies between
the booklet and the DVD, nothing I could not use my ear to change.  I
also found that after a half a year of serious metronome practicing I
could not increase past certain speeds.  Perhaps if I had hung in
there another half a year.

Really this is the first time I dug deep into practicing a learning
method via DVD and I feel like I came out a much better player with
choices I did not have before.  I give the DVD an A plus!
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com