Re: [Harp-L] CR's or CM's EXTINCT??

Hello Gary,

I hope you are doing well, it has been awhile!

I have been reading with interest the threads about CM and CR elements
and the resistance ( you said 1.2 k) as being killer.  it is easy to
assume than that the lower the ohm reading the hotter the mic......am
I correct?  And can I assume this is the optimum situation for both CR
and CM?  As with checking a resister, it has to be out of circuit to
read resistance.  If that is true,  the element has at least to be
disconnected to get a reading................is that true as well?

BTW....Being a proud owner of one of your first 100 Sonny Jr 1,  I can
only say there is a lucky guy still enjoying it in Texas!!

Thanks Again!

Gary Calahan
Jacksonville

PS  Is Tom Ellis still out there in harp l land??