[Harp-L] Seydel 1847 vs. Marine Band Deluxe

Hi folks,

I currently play Hering 1923's, which I love for sound, but I'm a bit less
than satisfied with the playability.  I've tried gapping them myself, but
the results have been inconsistent.

I treated myself to a Seydel Big 6 so I could carry a good harp on my
keychain.  I've been really impressed at how playable this harp is, with
very smooth action and light touch.

One of the things I like about the 1847 design is the reedplate screws
through the comb tines.  That seems like it would make for better air
sealing all around.  The steel reeds are also of interest, but based on what
I've read here, the jury's still out on the durability claims.

So here's my dilemma: As you know ,the 1847's are not cheap.  I'm wondering
whether folks think the Marine Band Deluxe, at $35 less per harp are 1)
worth the price and 2) a better value?  I used to think the Herings were a
bargain Deluxe, and the first several I got played great out of the box.
More recently, though, this has not been the case.  As you can see, I like
wood-combed harps.  They taste good!

Let the games begin!

Gentleman Josh