Re: [Harp-L] Speaker overtones or Ghost notes

Four speakers rated at 450 watts each???  Whoa, I don't think you will ever
get that cab to sound good for harp.  It's likely to be very stiff and
shrill.

I don't know the kind of music you play, but good blues tone is often
acquired by using low-wattage speakers that are driven to the edge of
breakup.  Driving four 450W speakers to that level will a) kill the
audience, b) get you arrested, c) feed back so much it will shatter your ear
drums.  I don't think breaking in these speakers will ameliorate the
problem.

The old Jensens Mike was talking about are the P10R speakers, rated at about
25 watts.  The original speakers from the 60s are gold for harp, but the new
re-issues are, um, not so good.  Breaking them in really well might make
them sound better.  But breaking in a 450W speaker will not change its
character.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/