Re: [Harp-L] Piedmont Style Blues

In the wake of the death of John Cephas, I was looking for piedmont harp
videos the other day and there seemed to be very few -- at least under that
heading. Someone else posted vids of Cephas and Wiggins not many days back
and you can search under their names and find some good stuff.

I find the Piedmont style like an open window on the blues after spending
time playing Chicago blues.

I found these videos about Etta Baker, which IMO are downright lovely (no
harp, mind you, and there's some overlap in content):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYIWaOzbfY8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP9viMhw0zA

(Eric Nielsen's post about Etta Baker just came in -- we're on the same
wavelenght)

I played Pallet on Your Floor tonight at a show. Love that major third.

By the by, thanks Buddha for your contributions -- embossing techniques,
Stormy Monday arpegios, Piedmont (& etc.) I happened to touch on those three
today! (Didn't have time to study the Piedmont video till just now. Anyone
curious about 12th pos. check this out... Incidentally interesting as a bit
of a window on Chris's approach and style...)

Cheers,

John