[Harp-L] Hohner new harp

Hi,

I have a XB-40 in C and I really don't like it at all.  Cupping and hand
effects don't seem to have any effects on the tone; it sounds the same no
matter where my hand are.  Yes, I can bend every hole be it blow or draw and
I guess that's neat but the harp has so many other limitations that I have
no real use for it.  And any attempt to do throat vibrato or to head shakes
(trills) just chokes out the reeds and they stop sounding completely. It
also has a very bright and sort of tinny sound that I don't really like.  It
sits on my harmonica shelf unused since I bought it 4 years ago.

That's my experience with the XB-40.  Others may have had better success.
Also, the lower keys my respond better.  My advise is to not get one.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh