[Harp-L] out of the box harps - was Re: Kudos

Over the past several months, I have tried and customized dozens of
nearly every model of harmonica.  The MB deluxe and seydel 1847s are
about the same out of the box which is they are very good harmonica
and I would feel comfortable playing either one at a gig without
tweaking.  I have come across dogs in both models.

In general, I have found the Hohners to be much more consistently
better out of the box than any other brand. I put the suzuki harps
ahead of seydel in terms of out of the box playability even though I
think the seydel is a better harp.

Of all the harps I have been building I get the best results with
Marine Bands and Golden Melodies. I get very good results with the
1847 Seydels too but as a harmonica, I don't like them as much as
others.

My opinion is as objective as can be considering that need a high
quality harp for what and how I play. I personally would jump to
whatever make and model works best for me and as of now, I'm sticking
to Marine Bands and Golden Melodies because they are what works best
for me.  There have been several harps, that I have build for others
that I have considered keeping for myself, it's not a coincidence that
all of them have been Hohners.  I want to like the others but they do
not match up in terms of sound and overall playability and if you're
familiar with my playing then you know I push harps to their limits.