[Harp-L] Vintage Harp AMp and Cabinet for Sale

Fellow Harp-L'ers,

Now something from the "Shameless Commerce Division"......I'm finally getting around to selling my previous rig after upgrading to a Sonny Jr Cruncher.  I've got a very nice Rauland 2135 vintage PA tube amp with some really useful modifications and a cabinet with Weber 8" and 12" Vintage Series AlNiCo harp speakers listed on E-bay including a video posting with quality audio (the YouTube video is embedded in the E-Bay listings).  Here's the details:

****************************

The Amp - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=330316609562

Vintage (1960’s) Rauland model 2135 35 watt four channel tube amplifier.  This amplifier has been customized for harp and guitar by amp tech Mike Buckley of Gig Harbor, Washington.  There are over $500 worth of tubes in this amp!  All lights and knobs are in place and in working order.  The power tubes are vintage Mullard EL84’s worth $160.00 each and have been tested at 80% life remaining!  Price them at www.tubedepot.com .  Compare this amp to the Masco MA-17, Newcomb, and Bogen vintage PA amps and microphone mixers but with many more features.

Features/Modifications

*  The 12AX7 socket for channels 3 and 4 was rewired for an EF86 tube to provide two distinctly different tube sounds that can be ran independently or mixed.
*  Channels two and three are bridged together so you can plug into either jack and control the 12AX7 mix level via the channel 2 knob and the EF86 mix via channel 3.
*  ¼” input jacks have been installed for channels 1, 2, and 3 along with the existing XLR inputs.
*  This amp has low/high impedance switches on each input channel (with built in microphone transformers for low impedance mics).
*  Multiple taps for different speaker impedance/type (4,8, and 16 ohm, 25V, 75V)
*  Two ¼” line out jacks have been added, one before the tone stack and one after (with tone controls).  Both line outs are before the master switch and master volume control (power tube stage).
*  A bias control has been added.
*  A schematic is included showing all modifications from original.

Tubes
Phase Inverter - (1) RCA 12AX7 (price the RCA at www.tubedepot.com at $99.95 each!)
Tone Stack Tubes – (3) GE 12AY7
Preamp Tubes – Channels 1&2 (1) Electro-Harmonix 12AX7, Channel 3 (1) Sylvania EF86/6267
Power Tubes – Mullard EL84/6CA7 80% life remaining (price the Mullards at www.tubedepot.com at $159.00 each!)
Rectifier – Electro-Harmonix 5U4GB/5AS4A

The Cabinet - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=330316619369

(1) 8" and (1) 12" Weber Vintage Series AlNiCo speakers mounted in a custom pine cabinet.  This beautiful dove tail jointed pine cabinet has Fender Oxblood style vintage tweed grill cloth and fits a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or Blues Deluxe chassis with the two speakers installed if you want to upgrade your Fender amp to something really special, or just use it as an external cabinet.  I have used it both ways.  I will also include a stock single 12" baffle that matches the stock Fender single speaker configuration.
*  Weber P/N 12A150 Vintage Series AlNiCo 12" Speaker, no doping, Impedance - 8 Ohms, Power - 25 watts, H Dustcap, Broken in at Weber.
*  Weber P/N 8A125 Vintage Series AlNiCo 8" Speaker, no doping, Impedance - 8 Ohms, Power - 20 watts, H Dustcap, Broken in at Weber.
*  Wired as a 4 ohm cabinet
*  Padded D2F Cover Included

This speaker combo was specified and set up by Ted Weber himself and produces awesome tone and depth for harmonica and blues guitar.  It has approximately 30 hours of use and is like new.

Feel free to e-mail with any questions.

Glenn Woodhouse
The ColdRail Blues Band
www.ColdRail.com