[Harp-L] Re: Kudos

Steve Baker wrote " And I thought they never broke :-)"

Steve,

You know that I love your play but:

We ALL know that the perfection is not in this world. What's is the inconvenience of 1 reed that's breaking in comparison of thousands of Marine Band that're simply unplayable right out of the box..... As an Hohner endorser I understand that you're defending your brand, and I know for sure that Hohner is providing the best harps for their top endorsers (Jean Jacques Milteau said), but please consider that it has been a good while now that Hohner is producing probably the worse quality harmonica right out of the box ever made.....

I've been a HUGE an of the Marine Band made in the 90's and I still play a MeisterKlasse (1st version) from time to time. Without Hohner we ALL know that harmonica wouldn't be the worldwide known instrument that it is now. But let's face it, buy a Seydel (my turn) or a Suzuki in a regular shop and you'll understand that Hohner is not taking their customers seriously.

I'm adding this : I'm not a blind Seydel endorsee, I'm not racist, but having all these students over the world having issues of leaking harmonicas, not tuned reeds and, cheap workmanship is saying all. The day Hohner will be back to the high quality harmonica, I'll reconsider to play them.

Christelle Berthon

Official website : http://www.christelleharpqueen.net
http://www.youtube.com/christellester
http://www.myspace.com/christelleberthon