Re: [Harp-L] how far?

I just lowered one almost five steps yesterday. I was making a 12 chord harmonica by taking two Vinettas  and stacking them together by attaching with a couple pieces of mahogany. Both Vinettas are F,C,G, C7, G7 and D7 stock and I wanted one to be Am, Em, A7, B7, A, E. When I got it finished, I noticed the A7 sounded funny, even though the individual reeds were about where they should be. I went through each reed again and realized there was no C#, so I took one of the former G reeds and weighted it by attaching a piece of another reed to the tip. Pretty much how they do it at the factory. It worked. it was so much easier than solder and it looks like it came that way, instead of looking like I slathered some solder on it. Wally Peterman turned me onto that trick.

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com