RE: [Harp-L] Tongue Block Overblow Challenge

I have no problems with TB OB (I also tongue block 100% of time).  Gapping should be close.  To learn, start with a high key harp (E or higher) on hole 6.  To get the feel of what you are trying to accomplish take the covers off and put your finger on the blow reed slot to silence it.  The air stream will then have to go out the draw reed slot which should sound.  This is what OB'ing is all about.

Moving on (without holding the blow reed) experiment with the initial pressure which is a very short acceleration of pressure to close the blow reed and fool the draw reed into vibrating in the direction it isn't used to vibrating in.  The rear part of the tougue comes up to make your mouth cavity just a little bit smaller.

Regards, Blunt