Re: [Harp-L] Ode Challenge Revisited (was Augmented)

Well... and even if the bent note not is indistinguishable... will it
destroy Ode to joy or will it ad something fresh and interesting but
not "bad"? My very humble opinion for the moment is that to play it in
second pos is very hard, and that it is easier to play it with augm.
or dimi. I don't want to play this piece with perfect pitch and
identical timbre - I want to loosen it up a bit, however without
destroying it. I guess in analog to play a guitar fret less. I find
that when I play this in second pos on a richter I destroy more than I
add. With diminished the bends the timbre changes less and it sounds
okay... but still do I really add something more than that I have a
fun time? However with augm., a tuning that I without a doubt play a
lot out of tune with, I still think I add something at least when I
have my best motifs... Why? I think Buzap is right. As a listener you
really don't know if the bent or unbent notes is the norm., and maybe
you can modify the unbent note to be more like bent while playing. I
think Chaffers recordings are phenomenal and I assume that this is why
it works so well: because the bent notes is the norm. But still I
don't know if he or anyone else could play Ode to Joy and add
something without destroying more with augm.

(And yes, Of course this is a matter of your own taste.)
Regards Björn