[Harp-L] New short very electronic Richard Hunter piece

Hi all,

I've been doing a lot of very short pieces lately, like 30 seconds, using fragments of stuff that I record while I continue to work on the patch set for the RP250.  I've just posted a new piece called "Throb" to:

http://taxi.com/rhunter
http://broadjam.com/rhunter

If you go to taxi.com, just scroll down the list of songs until you see "Throb", then hit the play button next to it.

The harmonica sound in "Throb" is made using a patch I developed for the RP250 that includes a Champ amp model, a low octave double, and a wah-wah.  The first sound you hear from the harmonica on this piece, right up front, is the wah-wah sound.  When the wah-wah is engaged, the RP250 maxes out whatever effects are in the patch, so what you're hearing is the harp coming through the champ model, with maxed out low octave, and wah on top.  It's pretty intense.  The second harmonica line you hear is the octave doubler through the Champ model, no wah-wah.  It's still unusual, but it's much easier to hear the harmonica in it.

These sounds are, to put it mildly, electronic, and I put them in a setting that includes a hiphop style drum kit and a lot of squelchy synth sounds.  In short, if you're in the mood for something different, this is it.  If you have no interest at all in harmonica sounds that are far outside the pale, don't bother, because this is about as far as you can get outside the pale and still be playing harmonica.

By the way, the RP250 can make these sounds in performance too, not just in a recording.  It's pretty cool to finally have a wah-wah that doesn't immediately throw the harmonica into feedback.

Enjoy!

Regards, Richard Hunter