From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Wim Dijkgraaf
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 8:42 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] New YouTube video: Invitation Note (bossa jazz)

Graças a Deus, I found a moment to setup my equipement to record a new
video.

http://www.youtube.com/wimdijkgraaf

A bossa nova titled "Invitation Note" by Renato Vasconcellos recorded
on volume 124 of the Jamey Aebersold play-a-long series. This volume
has the name "Brazilian Jazz" and includes some fine contemporary
tunes and arrangements in styles like samba, bossa-nova, baião, afoxé,
partido-alto and maracatu. The theme includes quotations of songs like
"desafinado" and "garota de Ipanema" and is mainly contructed from
some pentatonic scales (Db, Bb and B). More on this in an upcoming
blog posting.

I will transcibe this solo so you can play-a-long. The transcription
will include an analysis of the musical phrases and will be available
through my effortless mastery blog by the end of the week.

In an additional video that will be published within a couple of
weeks, I'll also explain where the ideas come from (as far as I
know ;-) ) and how to derive excersizes from these ideas as well as
how to study these excersizes.

Just subscribe to my blog at http://wimdijkgraaf.blogspot.com and
you'll be kept up to date.

Hope this will inspire other harmonica players out there.

Abraços,

Wim Dijkgraaf
jazz harmonica & composition

e-mail:	info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx