From: IcemanLE@xxxxxxx <IcemanLE@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Positions Playing
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, March 13, 2009, 3:16 AM

We learned to talk and communicate through learning the rules - noun,
pronoun, adjective, adverb. Anyone remember "diagramming a sentence"?

Lots of rules, terms, definitions, just to learn the art of making a
sentence.

Then, guess what - we proceeded to forget the rules while continuing our
paths of communication. Not many people learned to communicate (speak/write at
high level) through ear training alone - at least not the ones who attended
school.

Why not approach music and harmonica with the same concepts?