[Harp-L] Element poll

I'd like to get some opinions on how hot you guys think mic elements should be.   I've owned a lot of mics through the years with varied degrees of "hotness".  My personal opinion is that I like my elements to be kind of medium strength.  My reasoning behind this is that if you've got a good strong amp, don't you want to push the amp harder to get your tone?
Seems like if you have a REAL hot mic, you can't really turn up the amp to get maximum tube saturation.  Now..........if you've got a low powered amp then a REAL HOT mic would be the ticket.  I know a lot of folks claim that the elements that they sell are the hottest around and then when you plug em up and play, you can hardly turn your amp up to 2.
Not looking to open a can of worms here. Just want to get some opinions.
Thanks,
Mike "Wezo" Wesolowski
www.bluesworldorder.com
www.myspace.com/harpwezo