[Harp-L] builderofstuff.com Combs

I just received two metal combs from Chris Reynolds. I got a brass and an
aluminum comb for MS series Big River Harps. It took me about a minute to
install each. They fit perfectly and looked fantastic. The brass comb weighs
a ton. It is not for the faint of heart. The aluminum is a bit lighter. Both
combs extend beyond the edge of the plates and are rounded smooth. I noticed
immediately that they improved my speed across the holes. They feel smooth
and comfortable. I even did a bit of a quick comparison with a stock plastic
comb MSBR and they both sounded louder and brighter than the plastic. Now
this was far from scientific and I know that it cannot be true as so many
have "proved" here in the past. But I felt the difference and I believe!
Chris was a pleasure to work with and his product quality is exceptional.

Just a side note, I decided to replace my MS Blues wood comb with a plastic,
since I now had them, and then planned to seal the wood comb. I removed it
and while brushing it lightly to get off some dust, 5 of the teeth fell off.
So Now I have a plastic Blues Harp. Maybe I will need to try some of those
new custom exotic hardwood combs. I bet they sound better too!

Derwood