[Harp-L] reinventing myself

After what seems like decades of playing the same old @x*!! I'm working hard
at playing something different. Have put together some funk and reggae loops
on my work station and am trying 3rd position, and mixolydian. Very
difficult to avoid the same old notes. I know third position scale but if I
stop concentrating, I go back to 2nd position.

I found having the click track and the drums is helpful. The click has a
different tone on the one--reminds me where I am. Nice also to play along
with very busy slow drum tracks--try to play slow and not get lost.  Drum
loop CDs are nice also because you get to play along with top notch studio
drummers, granted for only 4 bars at a time.

Slowly getting the hang of the chromatic, mostly due to the helpful harp-l
tip to think of C as B#. Really helps me keep track of where I am. The big
problem is the notes are too thin and watery. Got to swallow the damn thing
to get any tone out of it.

Anyway, progress is slow, but I'm having fun. If I come up with anything
interesting I'll try to post it..

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html