RE: [Harp-L] jam cues

The only true answer is: Eye Contact, everywhere, all the time, and especially with the LEADER.
RD

>>> <ynfdwas@xxxxxxxxx> 09/03/09 4:14 PM >>>
Roger wrote:
If you feel you can handle it, and you have some
experience fronting a band go for it.  Just work
everyone through the tune and get to the end, make a
nice finish and there you go.  Have fun.

+++++++
Thanks Roger,

I have taken that role a few times. You're right, if
you lead, they will follow.

Now, how 'bout the players who ONLY know how to start
at the top and complete their rehearsed solo? They look
particularly troubled at having to jump in and out,
especially on 4 measures each. (Is that called "trading
fours" in the jazz setting?)

Are there some hand signals generally recognized?
(C'mon! I'm serious here! I don't mean THAT hand
signal! <grin>)

Robert Hale, "the Duke Of Wail"
http://www.dukeofwail.com/
Gilbert, Arizona