  From: Richard Hammersley
  To: Abner Galdos
  Cc: jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx ; h-l
  Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 3:21 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Too many excuses

  These excuses are life.

  I will never reach the stage in my musical journey when I abandon life
  for the harmonica. Besides then I would be bereft of any blues spirit
  to infuse my playing.

  I hope I never reach the stage when I abandon MUSIC for the harmonica
  either. I fear that should I worry too much about which harp, which
  customiser, what key, which effects, what amp, which tubes should
  replace the standard tubes in the amp, whether to purse or tongue,
  what bag to carry my harps in, how to comport myself as a harp player,
  etc. etc., there will be no time for playing it all all.

  The house is quiet. The weans are abed. I am off to make a recording...

  Richard