Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Shelf Space

  JP wrote-
  'What's up?  Have harp sales fallen off so much that
  stores no longer want to devote shelf space, or have
  other items ..."

  Part of that is because harp players have added
  longevity to their axe, they know how to maintain
  them, Seydel harps that tend to outlive their "Made
  in China counterparts", learning to play
  softly, harp customizers who generously share their
  knowledge on harp-l and offer fee-for-service; and
  of course the generally recognized fact that these
  guitar stores make much more money on sale of
  non-harmonica items.

  I am not certain that getting the word out by having
  a harp-l's harmonica poster at these stores with web
  information on Hohner, Seydel, Lee Oskars, Herings
  etc.will put the products back on the shelf. Believe
  me the store manager or his associates are not
  knowledgeable enough to guide their customers if
  they did not have a harmonica player/teacher
  volunteer/ work at the store on weekends for
  consultation. That would be great for the customer-
  player or not. I will volunteer to put up the
  posters if SPAH/ harp-L can create one and
  distribute electronically. Likewise like-minded
  folks can jump in on that effort. Great way to get
  the world to know about harmonicas, and great way to
  get new SPAH/harp-L memberships.

  I think most people get their stuff online and fast
  but there are advantages of a talking to a pro about
  harps and that is currently possible only at SPAH,
  Buckeye Harmonica festival, to name a few.

  Venky

www.myspace.com/harpdad