[Harp-L] FW: Why Custom Harps (education)

  _____

From: Bill Kumpe [mailto:okbizlaw@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 5:02 PM
To: 'Abner Galdos'; 'harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Why Custom Harps (education)

Mike Peace Harmonica Repair

Tulsa, Oklahoma

918-439-9119

mmpeace@xxxxxxx

Mike specializes in Hohners, MB's, SP20's, GM's, etc.  Tuning, gapping, reed
replacement, etc.  He does a great harp and even does a tiny jeweler's nut
and bolt conversion on the REEDS of some his custom harps that pretty well
turns them into a lifetime instrument.  It is my understanding that you can
change individual reeds on his harps very easily.  Aside from being an
expert harp mechanic, Mike is well known locally as a fine musician who
performs regularly on the local blues circuit.  He is also active in the
Route 66 Harmonica Club of Tulsa.

Bill Kumpe,

Tulsa, Oklahoma

  _____

RE:

I have some names I can check, but if you can do me the favor and on line or
off send me links to craftsmen that do customizing... I'm getting a small
bonus and I always never know what to do with it.. it winds up in the bank
and gets spent on nonsense stuff..

later I will tell you of my email conversation with David Barrett, and an
"open mike" this pass Wednesday..

thanks

abner