[Harp-L] Harmonica Shelf Space

I've noticed over the last couple years that shelf space dedicated to
harmonicas in music stores has dwindled to almost nothing.  Stores like
Guitar Center (and others like it) used to have big displays of harps in or
behind the accessories counter.  Now the only thing I see is the little
Hohner box that perches on the counter.

What's up?  Have harp sales fallen off so much that stores no longer want to
devote shelf space, or have other items such as pedals made in China become
so profitable that harmonicas are squeezed out?  I bought a Special 20 in C
today and had to walk up and down the counter several times before I found
any harps.