Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Spirit

On Mar 6, 2009, at 12:37 AM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

okay, Smokey....so just how 'comfortable' did you feel backing ME.. a dead amateur of all people - at SPAH open mic last year, just as the Senior Citizen matinee was letting out? hahahahaha

I felt PERFECTLY comfortable. First of all, once you get that stage fright thing out of your head, you will start to realize that what you DO play is cleanly hit, ON timing, and makes sense. And, you can be reasoned with.

Now I was perfectly 'comfortable'.

No you weren't. You had an arm in a sling, were playing one handed, STILL hit the right notes, but you WERE holding back on the volume. Like you were afraid that someone would hear you. Otherwise, it was fine.

..especially playing in a completely empty room with just the sound guy to hear my flubs, until I opened my eyes mid-song to become startlingly aware of the huge (and growing by the second) audience....boy oh boy <G>

And, people stopped and listened. Too bad it was the last tune.

jo jo (aka 'and friends', 'and others', 'and special guest', etc)

Elizabeth